From September 5 to September 16, 2022, the Viadrina Center B/ORDERS IN MOTION hosts the two-week international GLOcalEast-Summer School “Global Migration, Diaspora and Border Studies in East-Central Europe”. It offers 30 international students from six partner universities (5 students per university) an opportunity to explore migration and borders issues, adopting both transnational and cross-sectoral perspectives by combining insights from research, practice and policy with a special focus on (South) Eastern Europe.
From Viadrina University, it is possible for five graduate students to participate in the Summer School upon application. Please note that students enrolled at European University Viadrina are not eligible for receiving a grant.
The Summer School takes place within the framework of the Erasmus+ project “GLocalEast - Developing a new curriculum in Global Migration, Diaspora and Border Studies in East-Central Europe”, a consortium of six partner universities:
• Comenius University (Bratislava, Slovakia)
• Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna (Italy)
• University of Belgrade (Serbia)
• Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania)
• University of Zagreb (Croatia)
• European University Viadrina (Frankfurt (Oder), Germany)