From September 5 to September 16, 2022, the Viadrina Center B/ORDERS IN MOTION hosted the two-week international GlocalEAST-Summer School “Global Migration, Diaspora and Border Studies in East-Central Europe”. It offered 30 international students from six partner universities (5 students per university) an opportunity to explore migration and borders issues, adopting both transnational and cross-sectoral perspectives by combining insights from research, practice and policy with a special focus on (South) Eastern Europe.
From Viadrina University, it was possible for five graduate students to participate in the Summer School upon application.
The Summer School took place within the framework of the Erasmus+ project “GlocalEAST - Developing a new curriculum in Global Migration, Diaspora and Border Studies in East-Central Europe”, a consortium of six partner universities:
• Comenius University (Bratislava, Slovakia)
• Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna (Italy)
• University of Belgrade (Serbia)
• Vytautas Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania)
• University of Zagreb (Croatia)
• European University Viadrina (Frankfurt (Oder), Germany)
Summer School Participants, Lecturers and Organizers
Developing a new curriculum in Global Migration, Diaspora and Border Studies in East-Central Europe (2020-1-SK01-KA203-078263).