Viadrina Center B/ORDERS IN MOTION
“Pensées Françaises Contemporaines” - The Transformation of Orders and Borders of Knowledge
- Prof. Timm Beichelt, email@example.com
- Prof. Melanie Sehgal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Nicolas Hubé, email@example.com
- M.A. Anne Gräfe, firstname.lastname@example.org; Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
- M.A. Valentina Heck, email@example.com; Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
- Prof. Andrea Allerkamp, firstname.lastname@example.org; Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
- Prof. Anika Keinz, email@example.com; Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
- Prof. Jens Lowitzsch; firstname.lastname@example.org; Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
- Vizepräsident Paris 1, Prof. Jean-Marc Bonniseau, email@example.com, Université Pantheon-Sorbonne, Paris 1, Frankreich
- Directrice de l'école doctorale (Leiterin der Doktorandenschule der Politikwissenschaften), Prof. Frédérique Matonti, firstname.lastname@example.org, Université Pantheon-Sorbonne, Paris 1, Frankreich
- Centre Marc Bloch, Dr. Mathilde Darley, email@example.com; CNRS, Frankreich
In November 2002 the European-University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) and the Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris-1) signed a strategic partnership agreement. This document expresses not only the intent of bilateral cooperation in both teaching and research, but also the aim to develop collective projects within the area of „B/Orders in Motion". These two tasks are essential for our project, which is characterized by a strategic focus on the orders, systems and borders of knowledge itself. Contemporary French thought („Pensées Françaises Contemporaines") will serve as the thematic foundation upon which the partnership between our two universities will be built. The shared research interests between the two universities are intimately related to the debate about contemporary French thought and its emergence and diffusion, much of which circulates around the University of Paris-1 – the largest university in the humanities in France. In the first place, the project "Pensées Françaises Contemporaines" supports further cooperation between the two Universities in a multi-plane structure, and secondly, it defines the background – in both form and content – of our application for the Emmy-Noether-Progam.
The project will thus support the existing "Pensées Françaises Contemporaines" visiting chair at European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) and publicize the French connection to the Viadrina as one of the bases for French-related teaching and research. Furthermore, the project will also apply for the DAAD Emmy Noether Program by using central themes within French philosophy – the interconnections between literary, philosophical and natural scientific thinking at the limits of modernity.
All of the activities detailed below will be connected to the Viadrina Center B/ORDERS IN MOTION.
The principal components of the project are:
a) Upgrading the existing visiting chair „Pensées Françaises Contemporaines" to a point of intersection of France-related research and teaching at the Viadrina. Doing so, the following subitems are necessary:
i. diverse series of lectures and events supported by colleagues from Paris-1;
ii. an international conference planned for spring 2015;
iii. increasing the communication between colleagues of Viadrina and Paris-1 by
connecting the visiting chair „Pensées Françaises Contemporaines" with chairs and
study programs at the Viadrina;
iv. organizing workshops
b) Organization and raising of third-party-funding for an Autumn School;
c) Application for the DAAD Emmy Noether Program.