CfA I KWI International Fellowships I Deadline 31/07/2021
The Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities (KWI) in Essen offers international fellowships for the duration of 6 months from 1 of April 2022 until 30" of September 2022.
- We kindly ask you to apply in the form of one single PDF-file (max. 20 MB) which must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “KWI International Fellowships”.
- Please note that, due to IT safety regulations, we cannot accept applications via links to external platforms.
- The application must be formulated in English and must contain a CV, a list of publications and a proposal sketching your KWI project (up to max. 5.000 characters).
- The application deadline is July 31*, 2021, 24:00 h (CET). Incomplete or late submitted applications cannot be considered.
- The fellows will be selected by a committee assembling members of the KWI governing board and the institute's director.
Further information about the application process can be found in the FAQs
Detailed information HERE
The KWI Fellowship Programme addresses excellent researchers from the humanities, cultural studies, and the social sciences. The institute provides fellows with modern infrastructure, office space, technical support and offers a library service, event and research management as well as support in all administrative and communicative regards.
We are inviting research fellows with a completed PhD plus up to six years of post-doctoral experience. The fellowships can be offered to applicants in all disciplines represented in the current KWI research agenda. The KWI International Fellowship Programme addresses international researchers. Researchers of German nationality are eligible to apply if currently employed at an international institute.
Fellows will receive a fellowship contract [not a full-employment contract) and a monthly allowance of 4.000 € (pre-tax) meant to cover rent, insurances and living expenses. Travel expenses for arrival at the KWI and for departure after the fellowship can be partially reimbursed.